This year marks the 15th anniversary of Goodform. To acknowledge this achievement and to ready for an exciting future for the Goodform Group, a dynamic new brand has been created that encapsulates our working philosophy…continually innovating, adapting and improving. Always.
This approach to work is recognised by the infinity symbol that forms an intrinsic element of the Goodform wordmark and is named the “Always Icon”.
Six new supporting brand colours have been introduced to reflect Goodform’s core services; CRM, Data, Insight, Membership, Brand & digital, and Contact centre. The new brand also extends to that of the Sports Fan Panel, Goodform’s own insight product that consists of over 30,000 passionate sports fans.
Speaking about the new brand, Alison Dalrymple, owner of Goodform said “We are delighted with the new brand that we have created. It reflects the transformation that Goodform has undergone, delivering innovative fan engagement on behalf of some of the largest sporting events and venues in the world. Our significant growth in sports CRM, data warehousing and marketing has brought investment in great people who are delivering excellent results for our clients. We wanted our brand to reflect our culture and values, which sit at the heart of all we do. We now have the creative assets to support our expansion.”
Goodform was Founded in 2002 by Stuart Dalrymple and David Teasdale, with the duo bringing with them extensive experience of the sports and leisure industry from the public and private sectors. Goodform was at the forefront of CRM in sport. The vision was to support commercial growth, helping national governing bodies and sports organisations to adapt to drive sustainability. Today, Goodform continues to help sports organisations of all sizes grow and develop.
Goodform’s first client in 2002 was the Professional Cricketers Association (PCA), who continue to be a client fifteen years on, along with a host of retained National Governing Bodies, Sports Clubs and Venues including, British Athletics, English Football League (EFL), Premiership Rugby, Welsh Rugby Union (WRU), Silverstone, IAAF World Championships London 2017, Wembley Stadium Tours, British Cycling, Hampshire Cricket, British & Irish Lions and 6 Nations.
In the early years Goodform carved out a niche by specialising in the design and development of sports membership schemes. The business evolved into the UK’s leading Sports CRM Agency, helping organisations to effectively & profitably engage with their customers. The acquisition of market research company ‘SportsWise’ in 2008 added real strength to Goodform’s research and insight services, whilst the addition of Goodform’s data warehouse platform has provided clients with a cost-effective, scalable solution for hosting data feeds from multiple business areas. The last year has also seen Brand & Digital services become part of the Goodform offering, with both areas creating perfect synergies with other services.
The last fifteen years have seen many successes for Goodform, with notable mentions to:
- The introduction of Commercial Audits in 2002, offering strategic consultancy to identify and develop revenue streams
- Goodform’s role in the inaugural ‘Big Match’ between Harlequins and Leicester Tigers held at Twickenham in 2008, winning ‘Best Integrated Marketing Campaign’ at the 2009 Sports Industry Awards
- The introduction of the ‘Sports CRM Summit’ in 2010, an event created and hosted by Goodform
- Goodform worked with Manchester City between 2009 and 2011to develop their CRM strategy and delivery, to support their vision to become the largest football club in the world
- Appointed in 2011 as the retained CRM and Research partner for the Rugby World Cup 2015, playing a key role in making it the biggest single sport event ever for fan engagement
- In 2011, Goodform began working with Silverstone to define their CRM vision and strategy, and today remain a retained client
- In 2015, the EFL recognised a need to provide a more personalised and engaging fan experience, whilst driving commercial development. Goodform was appointed as the EFL’s chosen e-CRM and Data Services partner with a brief to implement a comprehensive data and fan insight strategy
The rebrand follows a very successful 2016 in which new relationships commenced with several new clients, including British Cycling, Carr Golf, Connacht Rugby, Horse of The Year Show, UK Sport, England Boxing, and British Water Ski & Wakeboard. As recognition of our work in recent years, Goodform won ‘Best Business Serving Football’ category at the Football Business Awards, and Highly commended in the ‘Outstanding Data-focused Agency’ category at the DBM Awards.
This year has continued in similar vein, with Goodform being announced as a finalist for the ‘Best Business Serving Sport’ at the Sports Business Awards 2017.